ISA in SBS - yes, it's secure

A central location for SBS ISA specific configuration information relevant to small consulting practices and others smart enough to use the best technology in the world.

Lingo - The Talk of Broadband

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Finally Categories, sort of

I recently discovered the power of Blogger Search and have implemented it on this site. Finally you and I will be able to search the blog and locate the information that we're looking for. I've added two things. The first is a Search This Blog link. This will take you to the Blogger Search page for this blog. Once there Just add your search term into the box like this blogurl:isainsbs.blogspot.com firewall client, where firewall client is the search term that I added to the end of the search string.

The second thing I added are category links. These are pre-defined search terms. Just click the link you like and blogger search will bring up the relevant posts.

The only snafu I've run into with this so far is that it won't search back farther than March 2005. What's up with that? Even so, this feature makes the blog so much more useful that I'm going to live with it for now. Enjoy!

5 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice - I have recently asked Blogger support when they would implement Categories. But this does the trick! Thanks for the tip! (Which I've already stolen for msgoodies.blogspot.com ;-)

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Vittorio Pavesi said...

I noticed that blogger search not always refresh its content.
Did you experienced it ?

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Amy - Harbor Computer Services said...

Yes, but I've found that it refreshes after 24 hours. The bigger problem is that it won't search back through the entire archive, it stops at March 2005. I'm hoping that Blogger will improve this feature or develop real categorization.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Vittorio Pavesi said...

It doesn't refresh my contents, let's try here, I'm asking for keywork IIS into http://vittoriop77.blogspot.com and it found only 1 result even if there are more than 1 in the last month !!!
Do you think I need to change something into the HTML code (I meant Google Maps).

Vittorio

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Amy - Harbor Computer Services said...

Here's a code sample for you.

"Performace Edits, Registry"

This is the Search Category list item Performance Edits, Registry. Leave off the " at either end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home