Configuring ISA 2004 To Do List
1. Increase Client Connection Limits to 160 for everyone. Adjust for individual workstations upward if necessary.
2. Enable Intrusion Detection and DNS Attack Detection, except DNS Zone Transfer.
3. Change Web Proxy and Firewall Logging limits to 4 GB, retain for 30 days, minimum disk space 512MB, maximum log size 4GB and convert to MSDE. Double check that the log files are stored on the data drive.
4. Configure Report, publish report to folder
5. Adjust Cache Size. Add 1MB per user and round up.
6. Turn off Logging on System Policy #19, Allow Access from Trusted Computer to the Firewall Client Installation share on the ISA Server.
7. Change Alert for Log Failure to stop Firewall Service
8. Change Alert for Connection Limit Exceeded to Immediately.